What are the top 6 emerging digital trends this year and how can marketers capitalise on these?
This is how CuCo’s Digital team predict things unfolding this year…
#1 2016 will be the year where the customer experience (CX) begins to replace the product as the main value of a business.
#2 Therefore, digital strategists will channel most of their time, energy and budgets into:
• Targeting and personalisation
• Content optimisation
• Social media engagement
• & Multichannel campaign management
#3 This will lead to an increased interest in data. Essentially, making use of available analytics tools to interpret what is working for your customers and what is not, will allow marketers to better understand their customer needs and interests this year.
#4 Findings from this will kick brands into responding to the demand for real-time responses. To successfully and effectively deliver marketing campaigns, everything you do this year must occur in real-time, or it has very little relevance to customers.
#5 Which will lead to an increased reliance on marketing automation software platforms that enable marketing departments to market more efficiently on multiple online channels. This year such tools will take major workloads away from the marketer, allowing them to prioritise their time more efficiently.
#6 With this additional time, Marketing Managers will start to pour their time into adapting their website’s mobile accessibility in an effort to increasing conversion rates, page sessions and time on their mobile site.
To summarise, 2016 will see marketers:
• Bring together data from a range of sources to better understand the needs of the customer
• Target and personalise efforts to customers needs
• Further increase use of social media
• Utilise analytics tools
• Work in real-time, partly through automation tools
• Work to improve mobile accessibility and conversions
• Continue to create strong foundation content